Sunday, April 15, 2018

On the wall again

  A couple of days ago  I got that wild hair and started shifting furniture and moving things around in the sewing room.  I wanted a better configuration for sewing with some elbow room.    Since I am usually an accident waiting to happen....... it did.   I caught my foot on the mat under my chair, I stumbled, but luckily landed in the chair.  Unfortunately, I caught my wrist in an awkward position and it is quite sore.....not broke or damaged, but quite sore.   So everything came to an abrupt stop.  I got no further and  stuff is in a mixed up jumble.   Guess I need a couple days of rest before moving things again:)


   That leads to where I am with the log cabin blocks.   I have another 8 or so ready to press and fill in the bare spots.   Hopefully then I can figure out how many more I need to finish.
  We ran into JoAnn's this week to pick up some felt to recover a small design board.  I found a green tonal that I think will work as my fill in triangle fabric.

  We thought Spring had decided to visit us....at least for a couple of days.  It is warm and stormy  today, and then we expect freezing temps in 2 days.
   I saw a post that said something about apologies from Mother Nature, Spring was delayed because Father Time was driving and refused to stop for directions.  That is just about how it seems to be going.




  I still have  a couple of  leader and ender type projects going on.  Some times I am sewing together random     2 1/2'' squares to make 4 patches.  I have a good size stack but no a real plan for them.
  When I have a need to complete a block to see progress, I make a block or two of the garlic knot blocks.  I just keep sorting my left over strip ends into sets and clipping them together.  One block takes 10 minutes and I can feel I really accomplished something.
Keep on stitching.

11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Next time you get the urge to move things, go take a walk, slowly. I am glad you posted all the blocks. I made six and ripped apart two because I thought the darks were wrong. I will no longer rip any and just keep sewing, worrying about it later. I saw you had some with the dark and medium close and some big flowers also. I was able to do a close up look and it helped. Too bad I couldn't put the blocks together next to you until I get it.

Quilting Babcia said...

I hope you'll invite a friend or two to do the actual moving about in your quilting studio. You don't need anymore injuries. It's always a good thing to have some mindless 4 patch stitching when we're in a bad place healthwise. Just what I've been doing the past few days since putting my back out. Hope your wrist heals quickly.

Nicki said...

Oh, I hope your wrist heals soon. The log cabin blocks are really coming together nicely. That's going to be so pretty. Our Spring is here now but has been on the chilly & windy side lately. I like the saying you saw about Mother Nature. I better write that down before I forget it. ;)

Ray and Jeanne said...

Oh no! I hope your wrist gets better quickly. Next time you'll have to get that rather useful Sir Old Man to help. Those little weird accidents bug me - I seem to be one of their targets. Take care! ~Jeanne

Mystic Quilter said...

Growing beautifully - hope your wrist settles down soon!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Glad nothing was broken and hope a few days rest has you back to sewing and more.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Thanks goodness you didn't break anything Debbie! Would you believe we have snow on the ground here in Iowa this morning....not a lot but last week I was doing yard work! Bob's mom lives in Minnesota and they got 12 inches.

Louise said...

Ouch! It sounds very painful to have landed on your wrist. I completely sympathize...I'm pretty clumsy! And like you, I get a sense of satisfaction from having a small project like a block ready to stitch up and be finished in a short time.

Sylvia Anderson said...

So sorry to hear of your issue with the matt and so lucky you didn't fall to the floor, where it could have been so much worse. I have found, that with each passing year, I tend to get a little clumsier, and movements I made easily just a few years ago, seem to require more thought and caution these days. I have begun to watch where I'm placing my foot and become much more cautious when walking the stairs. Hope it doesn't take too long to heal. That quilt is going to be beautiful, and look forward to seeing the top all sewn together.

Janet O. said...

Well, I am glad you weren't more seriously injured in your accident, but sorry it happened at all. If you sprained your wrist, that can be a long slow heal. I sprained mine in a fall last June and couldn't believe how long I felt the twinges when I tried to use it.
You have inspired me to get going on more of my log cabin blocks.
I got such a kick out of the Mother Nature/Father Time quotation. :)
Good idea to have a project that gives a quick feeling of accomplishment, when needed.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Ouch! Hope your wrist heals quickly. Hope the sewing room redo works well for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...