Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday Finds.....December

MarveLes Art Studios: sir frosty collage kits available~!:
From MarveLes Art Studio
This is the first year I have not done a lot of  seasonal decor type sewing/quilting.  But....if there was a pattern I want to put on my list it is this one.  Sir Frosty covered in flowers among the birch trees!  I think he is such a cutie.  You can find pattern, kits and great photos of her marvelous designs  here at MarveLes Art Studio. 
    I have always liked the collage technique and did things years ago using it, but never really thought about refining it the way she did.   Do you see the wheels turning in my brain as you read this?  Great inspirations come from all places.




Welcome to www.MinnesotaCharms.com - 5" Charm Packs, Patterns, Books:
   I don't generally buy pre-cuts as I prefer fat Quarters.  So if you want to "charm cut" some FQ  you might use this.    I ran across this chart and thought it was slick to have on hand. It is from Minnesota Charms.

  I also started a new board on Pinterest that is just for charts and formulas.  Now if I can get them all corralled into one spot.......









VROOMANS QUILTS: Let's Book It - November 2015: From Vrooman's Quilts......I really loved Sharon's Let's Book It project for last month.  The basket shape is very untypical  and I like the elongated size.   The design is from the book, If Quilts Could Talk.
   Once again,  the wheels began to turn in my head.  More inspiration!!!   A doable small project that will hopefully come together in the new year.








pinwheel15 Decembers QM Bitty Blocks: Pinwheels  A good reference tutorial
 for Bitty block pinwheels......from Quiltmaker.   
Of course, it works for large blocks....just change the size.  I love that she even shared her mistake at the end.    I need to make a big stack of these for use in borders.  Note to self:  Add to your list!


Red Glitter Elf Made Me Do It Box Sign
  As always, please visit the original source for details, pinning, and saving.

And that's a wrap for 2015 for Friday Finds.  I will continue to hunt 'em down and save for sharing.  So there is no telling what will pop up next year.  I have enjoyed putting these posts together---a little time consuming but fun.  It is usually a surprise to hear about what people like in the Finds.  Happy stitching.

1 comment:

Dana Gaffney said...

Frosty is very cute, how come you didn't do any Christmas sewing? I'm with you on the pre-cuts, I don't like to be boxed in but I do consider Fat Quarters a pre-cut since it's not yardage and I do love them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...