Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday finds March 27

A mixed bag today.  Can you tell I am having fun as I look at things around the world?  With an eye open for inspiration, I found these  on Pinterest this week.

Quilt blocks made from vintage embroidery
From Hen House
   I love vintage linens, especially those with embroidered designs.  Sadly, they often have damaged areas, or are badly stained from time.  Hen House recycled the pretty part and created a mixed bag of blocks from her strip stash.  And she has an amazing stack of fabrics  from which to select.    She turned the blocks into a lovely quilt.  I would be inspired to create mug rugs, table runners, or small gift bags from some of these.











Blue Roses Shabby Chic Floral Fabric Easy Pre-Cut Quilt Blocks Top Fussy cutter Quilt Kits sells kits that are pre-cut.  This pin caught my eye as a good block for using large prints  or other focal fabric.   It's simple, and could be done in a scrap version, or maybe planned color scheme of batiks even.  Either way, it is a good block to add to future plan.







 
Podunk Pretties: Podunk Posy quilt block tutorial (lots of pics)
From Podunk Pretties
  Just in time for spring sewing.....you can pick up these blossoms and the tutorial at Podunk Pretties blog.      Lots of photos included with the instructions.    Her future plans are to use these blocks in a border.  The quilt will be just beautiful!







How to Make a Quilt Sleeve
From Christa Quilts






    Once that quilt is finished, you just might need a hanging sleeve to finish it off.  Christa Quilts offers a good tutorial on just that....along with a couple of options.  








  As always, please visit these linked sites and pin from there for future reference.

 I see a bit of  almost sun today, so I am out to take photos of a finish!  Of course, the rain moves in again tonight, but no complaints as we always need the wet stuff.    Enjoy your weekend, and happy stitching.

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have not been on Pinterest as much lately as I do some times - I have 7 projects going right now and I just keep finding more I want to make - I think Pinterest might take a back seat for awhile

Karen said...

Good use of a part of something vintage. I am not seeing much in the line of vintage linens in antique shops. I used to see lots and lots of it.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Connie....Today's post was especially informative and filled with quilting goodies. I especially loved visiting the Hen House and immediately signed up via newsletter and Pinterest. I spent over half an hour just looking, and find her website to be much like yours, with years of backdated posts, which I will check out when I have more time, and lots and lots of pictures and free flowing information. I would like to thank you for spotlighting the sites you did today. It's going to take months to go through Hen's House, just as it did yours' and Wandas', but I love it. lv2bquilting2@comcast.net

Rosyquilter said...

Oh my goodness.... thank you so much for the Hen House link and what she has done with vintage embroidered pieces. I have a huge stack of embroidered cloths that were made by grandmother and used daily by my mother as I was growing up and have been stymied as to what to do with them. I was thrilled by the blocks she made after cutting them up and am thinking that I might just start making blocks and end up with a lovely quilt that is a memory of my mother, grandmother and my childhood. Awesome inspiration. Again, thank you!! Brilliant idea. I am happy!!!

Dana Gaffney said...

I like that pin from the Fussy Cut Quilts, I think the secondary pattern could be fun to play with, but I couldn't find it on the site so I pinned from here, :)

Janet O. said...

You've made some great finds, Debbie. I can't decide which I like best, but I think the use of the vintage embroidered pieces could possibly take the prize!

Nicki said...

You always have such great tips for us & wonderful links to new sites for projects. Thanks for all you do for us.

Impera Magna said...

Oh, so many pretties! I love all these.... Pinterest is a great site for inspiration...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...