Tuesday, November 18, 2014

What to do with strings

   I ended up with only 4 string blocks from the weekend play time.  The rest of the time was spent hemming slacks, but that is another story.  So only 4 string blocks, and a little imagination, some fusible pieces and  you get......


A small table topper hanging!  Ready to be quilted and displayed next month.

   A small project always motivates me to tackle what needs to be worked on....so  next up are the scrappy blocks on the design wall.    I have 3 rows sewn.....and it really looks much better than this photo shows.
   I get to the assembly stage on some projects and just get a bit bored.  OK, I get a lot bored.   But I rely on my self imposed rule of  3 to prevent this from becoming a full/total/complete UFO.



    So I am numbering rows and hoping for a good movie just made for sewing rows while watching.  This will go in my stack of quilts for donations.....to replace one I will deliver on Wednesday.  You can never have too many quilts to share, and there is always someone who needs to be covered.   Especially at this time of year, I am thankful I can share my gift.   Stay warm, and  Happy stitching.  

11 comments:

Karen said...

My daughter would like this as she is a cardinal lover. I have made her two pillows with a cardinal in the past.

Gene Black said...

I have difficulty doing 'low volume" but your additions made the low volume string blocks sing. (pun not intended, but it made me laugh when I re-read it.)

Janet O. said...

This beautiful little topper will compliment the winter quilt you did a couple of years ago, won't it? (Has it been that long--I am awful at reckoning the passage of time)
Nice quilt for donating. So good of you to share.
BTW, I get bored at assembly stage a lot, too!

Sheila said...

CUTE table topper! Love the future donation scrappy string quill. What are those block sizes and the center's strip width? Do you sew them on paper?

Angie said...

This is a perfect string topper/hanging---I have an ongoing love affair with Cardinals too.

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

I love your bird hanging! The bird, the colors and the string background. It will be perfect for the winter months.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Cute little topper - a red cardinal is such a sign of the season. The scrappy quilt is stunning - may just borrow your pattern for next year.

Dana Gaffney said...

Only 4 string blocks? How is that possible? I love the cardinal on those white string blocks, so pretty with the added texture.

Mystic Quilter said...

Well you may say the quilt on the wall looks better than in the photo but I reckon this is great!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful cardinal and seeing your scrappy quilt reminds me I have a UFO like that too!

Lynne said...

Love the cardinal wall hanging.

The quilt for donation looks great too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...