Thursday, February 13, 2014

Feathers in the snow

  The power stayed on and I got a lot....a whole lot.... of work done on the border of the Buzz Saw quilt.  Now that I am approaching the third side, I sort of have this quilting design figured out.
   I wanted the feathers to curl over in a more circular effect along the sides.  I figured out that having them go in opposing directions created a very neat effect.  At the corners, I used a straighter spray of plumes rather than a curling one.
 

  The snow has stopped for now, and I was wanting a photo of this one on that fluffy white stuff.  So a quarter of the quilt will have to do.  There's about an inch of sleet and ice under that top couple of inches of snow.  That kept me from trying to lay it out completely smooth.

 


  I also finished off a couple of  snack mats for a little variety to my day.
Happy stitching.

11 comments:

Janet O. said...

Beautiful job on the feathers, Debbie. What a lovely effect!
Cute little snack mats, too. : )

Teresa in Music City said...

Beautiful quilting Debbie! And love the colors in your quilt :) Of course all quilts look wonderful on snow, but yours sparkles because of those wonderful colors!

Impera Magna said...

That's great you've not lost power, Debbie! The plumes on the border look great... brave of you to outside to take a photo but the quilt looks great on the snow/sleet!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Happy you kept power. Loving the quilting on your BuzzSaw and good for you in playing a little, too.

Nicki said...

I say you did a whole lot of work done on the border & it is beautiful! The snow makes for a pretty background. Those little snack mats are so sweet. I've made & received several of those & they are fun to make & receive.

Tami C said...

You did a lovely job on your BuzzSaw with all those feathers! Turned out Great!

liniecat said...

Funny enough Ive often wondered just how wet quilts get when folks lay them out for a photo shoot!
I mean do they dry easy enough to not damage the beauties!!
UK snow is rarely the soft fluffy kind I recall from Calgary or Gander, that some how didnt seem wet to the touch so often!
It really is a beautiful quilt : )

Dana Gaffney said...

Oh my goodness, it's beautiful! I love the way the feathers are made, beautiful. I guess with ice under the snow you didn't make any snow angels, too bad :)

Createology said...

I have just found your blog from Sharon of Vrooman's Quilts. I am not a quilter but love fabrics and sewing. Your Feathers in the Snow is beautiful. I adore your snack mats too! Thank you. Creative Stitching Bliss...

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilting. LOVE the snack mats! People love them.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilting Deb! Your quilt look neat lying in the snow too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...