Friday, April 19, 2013

Loose Change

  Save all your nickels---5" squares---and make a quilt!
  I found a perfect graphic of  $ signs to use on the label after I figured out a name.  Loose Change seemed to fit and apply to all those nickel squares.










  I used leftover strips for the binding----purple, red, and green prints.


   Everything seemed to have burst into bloom almost over night.  I just could not resist grabbing a little bit of that color in these photos.  Nothing quite tops a beautiful Spring day and a new quilt.....unless it is buying more fabric!  And I did that earlier today.










  This is my last practice page that I drew before beginning to quilt.....just to give you an idea of what I was trying to create.  Note that none of the leaves are really "perfect" and the stem is imaginary.  The back stitching and touching the prior leaf or curl gives that illusion of a stem.     I can't stress enough how much the sketching has improved my machine work.  To say nothing of the confidence it builds.  Hope your sketch book is getting filled.

9 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love, love, LOVE this one Debbie! I am absolutely going to make one like this in 2014...

Janet O. said...

Wonderful finish, Debbie. Thanks for sharing the beautiful quilt design with us. I'm saving it to try sometime.
I need to buy a larger notebook--the little Steno pad I started saving designs in isn't large enough to do them justice. : )

Stone Fence Farm said...

Love it!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Fabulous quilt and your quilt pattern is so cool :)
Thank you for sharing.

Dana Gaffney said...

The quilt is so pretty, thanks for the drawing, it's nice to see it how you did it. I really like the idea as an alternative to feathers. I'll be trying this soon.

Angie said...

What a gorgeous quilt, and I love checking out your sketch pad. I have one------but have never used it. Can't draw, would it be a waste of time and paper to pull it out and try scribbling in it? :/

Lynne said...

Love the quilt, it is so pretty.

Nicki said...

Your quilt turned out lovely & the name is perfect. I love your outdoor pictures. I'll be making my first true scrappy quilt soon & am wondering what the results will look like when it's finished. I just love your work.

Geta Grama said...

I love when quilters make such beautiful labels for their quilts. I have to learn this! Thank you for linking to my party.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...