Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gift of Heart

  What a day!  Class on free motion quilting was so good....I mean all the gals did an excellent job at their homework, including sketching and stitching.  I was so motivated by that.  They really took to the second class of teardrops and swirls and vines.  They all agreed that the first session of the meandering designs were the most difficult.  Isn't that something?  I think of the stipple and meandering loop design as the most basic and easiest.    I learned that I need to create a worksheet for the stipple for the next class!
   When Sir Old Man came in this afternoon with the mail, I had a swishy package.  Oh, I was surprised!

 
  A beautiful mug rug  from Mary at Hill Country Quilter  arrived  along with the nicest note.  I had seen these on her blog over the weekend and thought how pretty.  I knew her swap partner would love them.  The colors are just beautiful.   Little did I know that sneaky blogger was sending me one, too!   I love these little treasures from blogging friends.  They always bring a smile to my face.  The batiks are so beautiful, and I love hearts....always.   Thank you, Mary, for a little icing on my day.
   And yay!  I got the call to pick up my machine tomorrow.....then I will get back to really stitching.  

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift.

Lynne said...

Glad the class went well. What a lovely, surprise gift!

Dana Gaffney said...

That heart is so pretty, paper piecing is on the list of what I need to try.
I'm always surprised when people have stippling problems, it's basic to me too but I guess it's all about where they started their FMQ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...