Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy dancing!

     OK, I'm not really dancing.....I promised to behave.  But I am really excited about another email from
Amy at Amy Creative Side and the Bloggers Quilt Festival .
  "Hi there!
I'm happy to tell you that you have won a prize in the Bloggers' Quilt Festival - Congratulations!  "
  
 What do I say, but Thank You All for encouragement and votes!  I was excited about the nomination....but now....wow!    I am not good at this....just know I do appreciate each and every follower and visitor.  I love hearing from those who stop by and enjoy all your questions and comments. There were so many great quilts to view and select....hope you enjoyed all the entries.  Thank you, Amy, for all the effort you put in on this.  
      From me to you.....the above photo was part of my inspiration for Persistence wall hanging.  The fuzzy muted background became the watercolor.  The Goldfinch perches on a branch rather than a coneflower seed head.   Yet you can't deny where my idea came from.  

Insight:   Take lots and lots of photos.  Inspiration may come from  a visual image.  

Thanks again all and  happy stitching!

15 comments:

Juanita said...

Congratulations Debbie! It's a lovely quilt!

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations, Debbie! How exciting!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I saw that and a huge congratulations!

Janet O. said...

Wow! Congrats, Debbie!

Nicki said...

Congratulations on the win. I guess you are doing the happy dance about now. Your quilt just had to win something. It's so beautiful. I love the way you find inspiration in everything around you. I'm taking lots & lots of mental notes from your blogs.

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Congratulations Debbie ! Enjoy your prize :)

Mary said...

Congratulations, Debbie! Way to go!

Dana Gaffney said...

Congratulations! That's such wonderful news and you deserve it the quilt is amazing. Try doing that Irish happy dance where they don't move their arms.

Marge said...

Congratulations Debbie!! Love the watercolor and am trying to make one myself so I know it isn't just a snap. Keep up with the happy thoughts.
Marge

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

YAY! Congrats!

SeeingStars said...

Congratulations! I think you chose a wonderful subject for this quilt. Your goldfinch takes the spotlight. :) Hope you're feeling better. You must be improving some since you're attempting to sew again.

Anonymous said...

Kudos on your winning quilt. Everything you make is beautiful.

Take care, Doreen

Angie said...

This is truly BEAUTIFUL!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congratulations Debbie! Beautiful!

Lynne said...

So exciting! And well-deserved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...