Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A point in time

   It was a Saturday afternoon and I was watching American Bandstand while  cutting out a dress.  A new  song came on.  Scissors and pins down....wow, that is cool.  The song---"I want to hold your hand"  by the Beatles.  That point in time has stayed with me all these years....the memory is so clear.   On that afternoon, Dick Clark brought us the first sounds of the British Invasion and ushered in a new era in music.  One man doing what he loved and enjoyed.  Well done. We will miss you.

1 comment:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

My earliest memories of American Bandstand were the mid-70's and into the early 80's. We weren't allowed a lot of television growing up but my mom always had a soft spot for Dick Clark...and dancing so this show was always allowed. :o) He will be missed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...