Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Still got your Mrs.Claus on?


The growing stack! That's my husbands childhood chair under all the doll quilts....31 finished doll quilts.  Six more yet to be finished in the workroom.  And I got a note from Bea in France that she put a doll quilt in the mail today.  Visit her blog, say hello, and enjoy.  She does wonderful scrap quilts a la Bonnie Hunter.
Before the weather changes tomorrow--rain--I wanted a couple of outdoor photos. 





The doll quilts are so colorful, and such variety in the patterns and fabrics.  I kind of went over board on some of the quilting I did on the unfinished ones.  Do you remember that I  like swirls?












These are just the right size for practicing on.  A great way to learn to free motion quilt.  I used YLI soft touch thread for these. 
   If you still have your Mrs. Claus on, check in with Shelia  at her blog and read about her pillowcase project for Shriner's Hospital.  I hope to get a couple made to help.
Happy stitching.

8 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Love swirly quilting.... and congrats on having 31 finished quilts already!!! Wooo hooo... or should I say....

HO HO HO!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wow, love the swirls!

Angie said...

They are adorable, all of them! :) I'm working on mine...what's the latest date for you to receive them?

Lynne said...

The stack is amazing and they look lovely hanging together like that!

Go Mrs Claus, wherever you are!

Mary said...

This should certainly give us an early start on getting into the spirit of the season!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Debbie, those quilts are adorable! 31?! Wow! I love your free motion quilting. The swirls are beautiful - I have to try that design sometime. Thanks for linking in to TGIFF!

Foolish Feathers said...

Wow, 31! I am impressed! I love the swirl stitch you used as well, I am hoping to branch out in the new year. Do you have any other stitches you particularly like to use?

Marsha Cooper said...

A bunch of girls are going to be so blessed to receive the blankets!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...