Saturday, November 19, 2011

A little hope in the mail

  Have you ever been so busy,  involved in a project, just going on adrenaline, that you hit the wall and wonder how to finish?  It is day 14 and I am almost out of steam.  And just when you need it most a little something comes along and lifts you up.............for me, it was a doll quilt top.
  This arrived from Mrs. Claus in California .  A cardinal featured on this one!  A cardinal....my heart lifted when I saw it.....is my personal symbol of hope.  It reminds me to cherish all the things in life.   I use a cardinal in my quilts, either on the front or back.  It symbolizes the gift of my heart and who I want to be...energetic, one who loves life, and helps others when I can.  Even in the darkest of times, there is hope.  
  So thank you, Teresa, for giving me a lift.
The stack is higher....it reminds me of the "Princess and the Pea" fairy tale!  New quilts added from Mrs. Claus Quiltnanny and  Mrs. Claus City/Sandie from the HGTV Quilt Message Board.  Thank you so much.  And a big hug and thank you to Mrs. Claus from Gray Court that spent the afternoon with me yesterday finishing up the dozen tops in the workroom. 
  Happy stitching.

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Oh, what a beautiful cardinal! And in a quilt too!

Sounds like there are a lot of Mrs. Clauses out there helping this project along... hope you're near finished tho. That's a lot of sewing!!!

Lynne said...

We don't have cardinals in Australia. They look like a beautiful bird. When you have time (perhaps after Thanksgiving or Christmas) would you tell me why you chose it as your symbol please?

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The cardinal is just beautiful! For me, cardinals always remind me of my dad because he loved them so much. I guess they're my symbol for happiness/good cheer? How can you not smile when you see one? Fortunately, we always have one around our house. :o)

Mary said...

This has been such a special thing for you to take on. Not ony has it helped lots of children, and your husband in his work, it has also brought lots of quilters ogether. I do hope you are about to wrap it up, though, so you can enjoy the holidays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...