Saturday, October 9, 2010

Using leftover strips

A little more de-stashing was required to put these leftovers block pieces and strips to good use.  I had a request for a quilt for Jinny's Rainbow, which is a project that makes  lap quilt for  cancer patients.
 I had a stack of leftover cuts from the pastel quilt I put together for our guild President this year.  I found just enough of the light green to sash the long rows together to get enough width.  By sashing the long rows, I hope it isn't too obvious that each leftover set is a different length.  I pieced several leftover binding strips to finish it off.   I keep all the leftovers from bindings in a big baggie...just in case I have a project like this.  The batting is pieced also.....using the fusible tricot strip.  It worked like a dream.  Garden of Hope is very scrappy and ended up 37 inches by 60 inches. 

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Debbie, Very good use for scraps.I love the colors you used. I have so many, I probably should try one too, I have left overs from a basket weave I did last spring. But they are darker colors.

Mary Lou Casada said...

It turned out just gorgeous, didn't it!? I've never done a scrappy binding, but they always look so cool! I like your name for the quilt --perfect for the fabric and the cause!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

I like the colors, Debbie. How do you join batting using fusible tricot?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...