Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sun painting fabrics

Last week I decided to try to get the shaded gradations that Jill described in her blog,  The Quilt Rat, using setacolor translucent paints.  The violet did not turn out as well as the others.  I didn't start dark enough and  I will have to try it again.  I did get a wonderful crackled effect on the dark values by wringing out the fabric and shaking it out but not smoothing it when I put it out to dry.    It's messy...wear gloves and old clothes, and doesn't take a long time.  And in this heat wave the fabric dried in less than 30 minutes. 
So what do I plan on doing with this?  Well .....the colors  are found in the blooming 9 patch quilt, so I may have to try  machine applique in the center of it...or not.  We will see how it turns out. 
Happy stitching.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...