Friday, July 9, 2010

Sneak Peek

Here's a peek at  the "blue darter" dragonflies that I thread painted.  I used 2 layers of tulle between layers of solvy stablizer.  They turned out just the right size for the wallhanging too.  I used sulky and rayon threads for a slight  sheen.  Looks great, especially for the wings.  I found a photo in a garden magazine to use as inspiration for the leaves. 
 A few more photos to take as I work for the class instructions and I can put it all together----finally.  It's a long process to develop a project and put together written instructions with photos.  I have been working on this off and on for over  2 months, so I am ready to get it done.  That's the "producer" side of me :).
  I got an email from Blog2Print that my book is on its way!  Yea....I had 2009 blog entries printed in one volume and can't wait to get it.  If I am happy with  it, I will do the first half of this year, too.
Insight:  I wanted to be a journalist....why did I wait so long?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...