Monday, May 10, 2010

Remembrance


Remembrance is 33" by 33" and in honor of Veteran's Day.  That is why I chose the poppies.    I decided to border with a filet inset afterall.  It just completes the look to me.  I really like this one.    Today begins the count down till we leave.....red shoes and all!  I got all the addresses for the quilt and yarn shops plugged into the tom-tom.  Guess next weeks stash report will be about fabric added.  That's ok, I will give myself permission, because I have been keeping the sewing room very, very neat.  And mini-bolts go back on their shelf when I am finished cutting.    Besides, I'm not wonder woman perfect!  Like the speaker at church said..."Take a nap, eat a snack, there's a long journey ahead".  I love that!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

As I posted on Learningfa -- I really love this piece. YOur colors are so well thought out and you have really made a keeper. Best wishes. Thanks for sending me your blog address -- I have put it in my favorites. I will certainly drop by here again. Shirley (learningfa)

Delia (Del) said...

Hi Debbie
This just lovely and the poppies are perfect in the work.
Delia

Diamond D said...

This quilt is beautiful and so are the thoughts around it.
I so want to learn to make watercolour quilts. This one is so amazing...what a theme. I'd like to keep your blog also in my contact blog friends if that is OK with you.
Thank you for sharing with us. I've been looking for watercolour quilts and wallhangings everywhere. Your work is beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

Debbie said...

Diamond, drop by any time. Let me know if I can give you any help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...