Sunday, May 30, 2010

Coral Reef

This was a fun, quick project that I loved designing.  It is the coral reef class by Shirley at learningfa yahoo group.  It was just what I needed to do---play with color and fabric.  So I just pushed everything else aside and got lost underwater yesterday afternoon.   The fish and other elements are fused and machine stitched down.  I used mainly decorative stitching for the "floaty" seaweed.   I think I may do another one, especially now that I figured out what I am doing.  I will  add some thread painted starfish and coral, and  use a deeper area of sand at the bottom.   This one is 14 inches by 25 inches.
This is Memorial Day weekend, the signal that summer is here.  Take time to pause and remember  and honor our veterans  for their service that we might live free.  Enjoy your holiday.
Happy stitches.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Fun looking quilt. Shirley always has such good ideas to share.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...