Thursday, April 22, 2010

A finished project...not for me

Wouldn't this be a great sewing cabinet and cutting table?  Alas, it is not for me.  It is a cutting table of sorts, but for the saw stop table saw in the workshop.  Russ did a beautiful job...laminated top, matched grain on the drawers, and the cherry stained banding.  He already has the drawers filled with extra saw blades and hand tools.
Can you image those drawers filled with thread, fabric and a spot to store rulers?  I can!  Of course to fit it in my room it would have to be made in two sections to fit through the door.  Oh, well......
And then we went dumpster diving, or rather trash picking.....and came home with 2 discarded base cabinets.  Again these are for the wood workshop.  Russ intends to turn them into a storage workbench at the back of the shop.  He has to rebuild the base on one and add support, but a whole lot of time and money will be saved,  and  the enviroment helped too.    It is Earth Day.
Finally..........what's on my design walll?  Poppies to be fused and stitched to the center of this watercolor wall hanging.  I updated the watercolor page and talk a bit about this.  The more I look at it the more I like it.  So I think it is time to get it fused and sewn down.  I plan on adding a little bit of thread painting to the centers to finish them off. 

3 comments:

Juanita said...

It's beautiful!! I am in awe! My friend loves water colour quilts. I will direct her to your blog.

Your Russ is very talented too!

Carol said...

The poppy wall hanging is gorgeous.
Your hubbie is one talented woodworker/cabinet maker.

Debbie said...

Thanks, ladies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...